Wednesday, January 07, 2015

How come they grow up so quickly?

I always have great intentions to get on here and post all about my kiddos; the funny things they do, the hilarious things they say, all the fun stuff that happens that I want to hold onto so I can remember their quickly passing childhoods. But I don't. I forget and look at Facebook instead, or play a racing game. Nothing makes me feel so much like a failure as when I realize their childhood is slipping away without me taking enough notice. 
But it's hard to summon the energy and the Memory when I have a minute to actually get on the computer undestirbed. But I will do better. Recently, Jack has been really into building things. He is very clever at it and I love his inventions! He is great at building train tracks in unique and interesting ways. He builds walls and attaches his cars and heavy equipment together when any fastening device he can conjure up. 

Here is a bridge he built today. What a kid!

Emma is all about people. I seriously can't believe what a social little chappie she is. She visits all the neighbors and like nothing better then opening their doors and ingratiating herself into their lives. She would rather go be with people any day of the week then play with any toy. She also prefers real things to play toys. She disdains things meant for little people and wants only the genuine, WORKING article. She is classic girl though. Loves purses and accessories of all descriptions and hat, coats, shoes, boots, gloves. All the good stuff. She is really making an effort to talk as well. She is using three or four word sentences and is making great strides is the words she can say. She is very verbal. 
Recently she has started shouting at us after we put her into her crib for "hugs!" and "kiees" and won't let us go until we pay attention to her demands. She also likes to just give kisses when she's in trouble. Trying to put oil on the troubled waters. 😊

We have so much fun together and I really want to make sure I enjoy it for all that it is before I'm old and they are grown up! 

No comments: