Tuesday, June 09, 2015

A caring heart

Just a little story that I don't want to forget.

A week or two ago, I was exercising outside, doing wall ball. On the very last rep, I threw the ball up and then looked over at my kids. I caught the ball on my ear which hurt like hell. I started crying and Emma instantly got very upset and started crying too. She came running over to me and threw her arms around my neck, asking if I was OK. And then kissed my head. Then the other night, she headed my with her head when she was attempting to snuggle with me. She cried and cried and my eyes were watering. She put her head down on my shoulder to cry and then looked up still crying, "Mommy, you OK? Sorry Mommy." It was so cute, how she was still so concerned for me though she was hurting herself.

The other fun thing was we told Jackson that he was having a baby last night. His eyes immediately lit up and he poked my stomach and said "for real life?" And then he really wanted to tell everybody. I told him he had to keep it a secret for a little bit longer, but in a few days he could get up and tell everyone, and he was VERY excited about it.

I love my kiddos. They are so fun and I am looking forward to the challenge of another one. : )

No comments: